Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pink Glove Dance

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your time with family and friends, and give thanks for the things that are important to you.

Here is something that will make you smile. It's the "Pink Glove Dance", put together by the employees of Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland, OR. They put together this video to generate breast cancer awareness throughout their hospital system.

This was sent to me by my mom, who turned 69 yesterday and is a breast cancer survivor! She is still fit, active, and an inspiration to me. I love you mom!




And, from what I understand, when the video gets 1 million hits, Medline (who makes and is marketing the pink gloves) will make a huge contribution to the hospital, as well as offering free mammograms for the community. Please also check it out YouTube for a easy way to donate.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

I *LOVE* this video, and not just because I have a friend from college who works there. So awesome. Kudos to you for linking/plugging it!