The BEST Granola
3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped raw nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, etc. Use 1-3 different kinds)
1 cup chopped dried fruit (raisins, dates, cranberries, mixed berries, figs, coconut, etc. Use 1-3 different kinds)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, syrup, molasses, salt, and cinnamon.
- Place the oats in a large bowl and mix in the oil/syrup until oats are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the oats in a think layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir the oats on the sheets.
- Add the nuts to the oats on the cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 more minutes (oats will appear a little soft, but they will crisp up as they cool down).
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the baked oats and nuts with all the copped dried fruit.
- Keep in airtight container.