Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fun Blog: Incredible Jane!

Here is a fun blog that I've been reading. She's funny, insightful, and you can feel her pain!


About Jane, from her website:

Hi I’m Incredible Jane and I absolutely want to change my life regarding health and fitness.

It’s been 10 years since I’ve even attempted any routine exercise. I have put all of my focus into my family and I wanted to be the best mom possible, but there was something missing, I completely forgot to take care of myself while I was taking care of others. I put on 35lbs and became extremely out of shape. I couldn’t even run to the corner without gasping for breath. I remember one time we decided to do the Terry Fox Run one year as a family. My husband and daughter were running very well, having an amazing time and I was struggling to keep up. In the pictures they are so much ahead of me I feel like I missed out on the full experience.

After several weak attempts trying to get back into an exercise routine I simply gave up, made every excuse in the book. I was too tired, I had to run too many errands, there was too much to do, I didn’t get enough sleep last night. This went on for quite a while, I was stuck in the frame of mind where I really didn’t see how much damage I was doing to myself until my mother went in for a quadruple bypass this year. This really shook me, absolutely shook me to the core. My mother has battled with weight her entire life, she is an extremely strong person, she looked after her family first, all 5 of us. I see that she didn’t have time for herself. I do not want to follow the same path, I want to make change, this is my year to do it.

I want to be a great role model for my daughter, I want her to be proud of me, I want to inspire her as she inspires me every single day. I want to take time for myself and have some fun and get fit. The more fulfilled that I feel the more my family will benefit. It’s hard when you work for such an athletic company and you are overweight. Especially when you used to be very fit however many years ago working at the same place so people remember how you used to look and how much you have changed. It sometimes takes me four changes of an outfit to wear in the morning to try to hide areas that I don’t feel comfortable with. I know what it’s like when it’s hot out and all you want to wear is a tank top or a t-shirt but your stomach just doesn’t fit into the largest size, and you tug at the fabric all day as it shifts, clings and becomes uncomfortable. I believe that everyone should love themselves and how they look no matter what size that they are, as long as they are comfortable with who they are. I am not comfortable being this size. I miss those days of seeing how ripped my legs and arms used to be. I miss feeling strong.

Come and join me, train with me, talk training with me, let’s all get fit, set goals, and most importantly have fun!

Jane.

www.incrediblejane.com/


No comments: