Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Winter Cycling Tights

A friend of mine asked for recommendations on winter cycling tights, so I thought I would share my response with you all. Here are my favorites:

Super Cold!
Pearl Izumi AmFIB - $100
These tights have a wind-front and water-resistant panel in front. And they are really thick. If it's raining they do a decent job of keeping your legs dry...for a little while! Then they get wet, but they are warm!



Pretty Darn Chilly!
Novaro Tempest - $69.50
These tights from REI have a similar front panel as the Pearl Izumi tights, but they are not as thick. I wear these pretty much all winter. I bought a couple of new pairs last winter, and had to buy the men's version because the women's were too short in the legs (I'm 5'7").

Performance Bicycle also makes a similar pair that they call the Triflex Tight. This is available with our without a chamois. I found last year the women's ran pretty small.


Kind of Cold!
Sugoi Mid-Zero Speedster Tight - $85
I don't like a chamois in my tights because I like to wear a tri short underneath, so these tights are perfect for the fall and early spring. The have a brushed interior, attractive contrast stitching, and side zips at the ankle.

If you like a chamois, you can try the Sugoi MidZero RC Pro Tight for $110.



You can also read my previous post on Fall and Winter Riding Gear.

No comments: