Here are some tips to keep in mind as you progress to a more efficient, faster freestyle in your next triathlon!
1. Keep your head down- look down at the bottom of the pool
2. Don't bend your knees- well, a little knee bend is okay on the kick, but get your power from your quadriceps muscles and hips as opposed to trying to kick at the water.
3. Extend your arm with each stroke- glide!
4. Pull all the way through your stroke- finish the pull with an extended arm.
5. Breathe! Ultimately, breathing every 3 strokes is a good idea, but in your beginning stages, just getting air is more important- so start with what works.
Keep sticking with it and when you're ready, check out the additional resources on triswimcoachonline.com
Kevin KoskellaTri Swim Coach